How do I remove CLSID entries from Custom Blocking only from SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Libra, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libra

Libra Registered Member

I used the Custom Blocking in SpywareBlaster to add some CLSIDs. Since MS made a patch for two of them I unblocked them and had to edit the registry as a result. Now these two show up in red and are unchecked. I still have other items in the Custom Blocking.

How can I remove the two red entries from SpywareBlaster without affecting the other entries still in there and can this be done without affecting the registry? Or do I have to leave them in there?

It seems that I would have to uncheck the items I want to keep and check the two in red and click on "remove selected items". Then recheck the remaining items without selecting "protect selected items" since they're already protected. But I want to make sure this is correct and by doing this it won't make any changes to the registry.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely, Libra

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Libra,
    If an entry in red is for sure not in the registry....HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility....when you highlight the item and select Remove Selected Item....you are not affecting the registry because it's not in the registry....but you are removing it from the customblocking.txt file located in Program Files\Spywareblaster folder.

Bubba

3. Libra

Libra Registered Member

Thank you for your reply, Bubba. I know the clsid is still in the registry, because I had to change the value of one of them when I removed the killbit with SpywareBlaster. This had to do with the webviewfoldericon vulnerability. I'll just leave the entries in red in the Custom Block area.

Sincerely, Libra

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I applogize....I mis-understood when you said...."I unblocked them and had to edit the registry as a result."

:thumb: That should not cause a problem at all.

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.