How Do I Install Tails within a Truecrypt Hidden Volume on an Encrypted USB Stick?

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by Please Help Me, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please Help Me

Please Help Me Registered Member

I am currently using the process described in the link below

https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/manual_usb_installation/windows/index.en.html

to install my Tails 0.15 OS on one of my 32 gigabyte memory sticks (which hasn't been encrypted by Truecrypt yet). Now if I were to encrypt that entire USB thumbdrive using the Hidden Volumes method (one Decoy outter volume and one Hidden Volume) is there a way in which I can install the Tails within the Hidden Volume? I cannot select the right USB drive on Step 3 for the Universal USB Installer to install Tails within the Hidden Volume. I guess I would have to first install Tails on the USB stick and then copy and paste Tail's USB files onto my Desktop. Then I will encrypt my USB stick and finally I will copy and paste the Tails USB files onto the USB's Hidden Volume. If that doesn't work, what do you guys suggest I should do?

Lastly and most importantly, how will I run Tails from within my USB's Hidden Volume on Oracle's Virtual Box VM? I can't set Virtual Box correctly to run Tails from an USB thumbdrive.

The final result I am trying to achieve is this:

Tails (stored within the Hidden Volume of my encrypted 32 gigabyte USB) running inside Virtual Box.

Help is greatly appreciated and have a merry XMas.
  2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Have you asked this question on the Tails forum at: tails.boum.org/forum ?
  3. ComputerSaysNo

ComputerSaysNo Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.