How do I install MS-DOS 6.22 on a Windows XP system?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by rogerwilco1234, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerwilco1234

rogerwilco1234 Registered Member

First, a little bit of information about my setup. My primary, active partition is located on drive C, which is a 160GB Raid Array configuration. Installed in this partition, is Windows XP MCE. Using Disk Director Suite 10 on the Raid Array, I created a separate partition using the FAT16 file system. The system automatically assigned the new partition the drive letter of "E". Next, I activated Acronis O/S selector. My question is how do I go about installing MS-DOS 6.22 to this newly created partition. Also, once it is installed, how do I get Acronis 0/S selector to recoginize it, so that I can switch "back-and-forth" between Windows XP and MS-DOS 6.22...Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rogerwilco1234,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

I'm afraid that it will not be possible to install MS-DOS into the E: partition you have created earlier, but you are able to install it into unallocated space on your hard drive. MS-DOS will create its own primary partition during the installation. So you should just have some unallocated space.

You can find more instructions on how to install an operating system from floppy disks in the respective section of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.