how do i import a profile

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by paulie shore, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulie shore

paulie shore Guest

hi there, the company i'm working for has just purchased some nod32 software and were trying to figure out how to import the profile we have created useing the Configuration Editor, we've saved it as profile.xml and we want to be able to do remote installs from the remote administration console using this profile with all out installs. can someone please help me out

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi Paulie and Welcome to Wilders.

One must go into the Remote Install tab and create a package with your customized .xml file, choosing the Operating Systems the package will support.

The Remote Administration manual is very helpful determining how best to deploy NOD32 in your environment, found here.

3. balthus

balthus Registered Member

hello
    i was having the same problem. i tried a force install on a client and i was not getting the xml file i created to work. everything was default o_O
    i would try to give more specific info but i do not know what info you need.

4. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

I don't use the Remote install feature of the Console, since we used a simple batch file to install NOD across all of our sites:

\\networksharename\setup.exe /silentmode /instmft /cfg=yoursetupfile.xml

We actually use site name substitutions via %1 and %2 in the batch file, but you get the idea. That's really all it takes. Set it up through whatever software deployment tool you might use, or run it as part of a login script if necessary. I find it easier to do it that way.

Hope that helped.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.