How do I delete the threat?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Janices, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janices

Janices Registered Member

Help!!! I don't know what to do.

I was using my computer and a Nod 32 big red box came up warning me of a active threat. I ran the on demand scanner & it found 6 threats and 1 active threat. When the action prompt box came up, it only gave me the option of "Leave" and I checked the "Quarantine" box. I let it finish and then reran the scanner and it still found them. What do I do? It gave me the full path name of the file it said was infected. It was "C:\My Documents\Janice\Applications\Data\Sun\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\arc.zip_278bd03a-4e1811b3.zip". Could I just go to the "command" level and navigate to that directory and manually delete it?

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

First thing you should do is delete the java cache from your java control panel.also in the settings untick keep temp files.Run another scan after post back results.

Attached Files:

3. Janices

I'm sorry I'm not as savy as probably a lot of the posters here. I don't know how to get to the Java control panel (didn't know I had one). Also in what settings do I uncheck the "keep temp files". I'm afraid to even go outside Nod32 right now.

Janice

4. Dark Shadow

No Thats ok from your start to the windows control panel look in there for java double click it to open it thats your java control.open java first on top left general tab click it look back at my screen shot.Keep in mind my system in vista it may look some what different if your using XP.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  5. Janices

Is the Java Plug-in the same thing? I opened it and my choices across the top are basic, browsers, proxy, cache (maybe that's it) , certificates, update & about. Do I go to the cache tab?

6. Janices

I do have XP so it does look different. I went to the cache tab & I had a choice of view or Clear. I picked Clear and it asked if I wanted to delete the files under ....Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0 & I said Yes. There is also a place checked that says "Enable Cache" on that same tab. Is that the same as the Vista prompt about keeping the temp files?

Janice

7. Dark Shadow

Your correct and disable cache,run another in depth scan with nod32.just one more thing I forgot to mention is your java up to date.also you should remove older versions of java.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  8. Janices

djohn -

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It appears to have worked. The scan has gotten well past the part where it encountered the problem before.

I'm getting (what seems to me) to be a lot of "archive damaged" messages on files during the scan. Is this normal and/or OK?

I have no idea what version of Java I have. I'll have to see about that. Is an updated version downloadable?

Janice

9. Dark Shadow

your very welcome but as far as archives am not sure about the damage.As far as java when you have java open like you did for cache you have the option update tab,there you can get your updates.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What version do you have installed? V3 should offer you an option to delete whole archives as well so I assume you're using v2, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.