How do I define exceptions for AOL AVS ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by amix, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amix

amix Registered Member

How can I exclude certain files from being scanned with AOL's Active Virus Shield ?

It keeps bugging me, day for day, hour for hour, minute for minute:

"Not a virus: Potentially dangerous software detected. VNC.exe" or even worse, one of my very own Javascripts is being considered a Virus.

I don't know why these two files get scanned all the time, or why I get remembered, maybe it is the indexing feature of Windows, that I have in use.

Yes, I can make the warning not pop up any more, at least for this run. As soon as I reboot the same starts all over again.

What can I do about this ? I can't believe, that there is no way to exclude some files via user's permission from the scan ?

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes you should disable the indexing service..............regarding the rest, i just answerred you this in another thread:
    The VNC detection is not an FP (it's a riskware detection) so the rest you mention might not be either. Disable the third malware catagory (Potentially dangerous software), click apply and reboot, you will probably find the detections are gone.

P.s. You basicly can't exclude in AVS, thats one of the limitations of the free version.

3. amix

amix Registered Member

Can't switch off the Indexing Service since I use it often. It might not be as chique as the Goolge Desktop Search or Copernic, but I like it better for some reasons.

It's never a solution to switch stuff of. The solution is to change the antivirus program ;-)

Thanks for stopping by and trying to help, it's of course very appreciated. Good to know, that it is not possible to exclude stuff with AVS, that was what I needed to know. As said in my previous post, the other stuff is written by me and I know it is not a "Trojan.Downloader.xyz" Clearly a false positive. But you're right on VNC, it may be considered risk-ware.

Now if I manage somehow to renew my NOD32 license from abroad without being redirected to the local NOD32 vendor each time, I will do so asap.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

cant you send the files you created to kaspersky to fix the false possitive?
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.