How do I allow an application in the interactive firewall mode?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stevenoon, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevenoon

stevenoon Registered Member

Hi all,

How do I allow/unblock an application in the interactive firewall mode? I'm trying to run TightVNC over our home network but it's being blocked by ESS. How do I tell ESS to allow the application?

Many thanks,

Steve.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hello steve, I have some screen shoots from a earlier poster with that issue, you can take a look at.I would link If I could not sure how though.search my post If you like.(Edit) The info on page three title accidentally blocked.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  3. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

When you run an app. that requires internet access ESS will prompt you for an answer with a Pop Up window, if you missed that or accidentally blocked it, you can press F5 on ESS's window to open Advanced Config, from there you have to go to the firewall config>Rules and Zones. you'll see a screen like this (see pic 1) there you'll have all the rules created by ESS. If the program you're trying to grant access to is not there, then you should enable logging on the firewall to determine the cause of the block and take the appropiate messure.. (see Pic 2).
    Hope this helps...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.