How can I update the server version?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DavidJMT, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidJMT

DavidJMT Registered Member

It's 2257 and I'd like it to go to 2416... And also I'd like to know if I can do it Remote Administrator Console.

Thanks!

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

When you click "Update now" what error message do you receive?

Cheers :D

3. DavidJMT

I'm using the remote admin console... and there's no such option (or at least I don't see it -- unless I'm updating a client).. so, am I supposed something else on the server?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Remote Admin Console is installed on a computer . RAC is used to connect to the RAS and contol workstations . The computer should have a version of NOD32 (either Standart or LanUpdate) which is used to protect that particular computer . If you have such , follow BS's sugestion and press Update now . If you don't have , install one of the versions (depending on your needs) .

RAS and RAC new versions can be downloaded from Eset's site and installed over the old versions
    http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php

:thumb:

5. DavidJMT

So on my server I'd need to install
    NOD32 for Windows 2.70.39

I'm asking 'cause I mean, it already has the service running (RAS) and I already can connect remotely -- by installing RAC on my computer.

So I need the client on the server? :p

I'm just a little confused that's all...

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , of course . RAS and RAC are just doing control/monitoring for the other computer , they don't provide you with protection for the server .

What is the server's OS ?

7. DavidJMT

Windows Server 2k3

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ok .

Now , if your license allows you to install NOD on one more system , you should install NOD32 Stardart or LanUpdate edition as soon as possible to keep the server protected .

Depending on your needs , you need to choose between Startdart version and LanUpdate edition (this is Standart+Mirror) . The mirror version must be installed on the machine with the RAS but from what I read this server (Windows 2003) has only RAC which connects to RAS on another computer , so Standart edition would be fine .

Direct link to download and install Standart NOD32 v 2.7 for Win 2k3
    http://www.eset.com/download/balance.php?dir=/download/win/v2st/ndntenst.exe

Make sure there are no other AV products installed on this computer!

Install using Typical install . Reboot when prompted so .

After reboot your computer will update from internet if you have net connection and if your license UN/PW has been entered correctly . You'll note that IMON is grey (not active) - this is normal for servers because IMON works on Winsock and would interfere with ~the network if working .

You can then configure your NOD32 to either update from the internet or from your local Mirror , you can also change your settings .

I also strongly recommend you to perform full In-Depth scan after you have updated NOD to ensure there are no threats :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.