How can I take a CEH course when....

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by berryracer, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I bought my CEH course material but Kaspersky Internet Security warned me about many viruses / trojans found within them

I didn't feel comfortable using them anymore on my laptop since this is my main laptop..

Do you think it's ok to ignore those warnings from Kaspersky or am I harming myself?

What would be a good way for me to take my course without fux0ring up my computer?

I hope that the only way to run the course / practice sessions is not through buying an extra computer which has no sensitive info

2. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Submit the files to Kaspersky for analysis, and upload them to Virustotal for other opinions.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

what are the detection names? and which version of kaspersky are you using?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

CEH course material has real viruses some of them are really deadly use then within virtualbox with precaution

if you ask .......... my sugestion dual boot with linux ubuntu LTS/xubuntu/backtrack ....etc and inside it install vbox/vmware install xp in it and then test your things in it you pretty same as 80-90% tools are windows base stuff which not work on linux :)

so running windows inside linux even without antivirus dont harm your pc just make snapshot of your vbox so you dont need to install xp again again

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.