How can I back up to an FTP location

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by daeajm, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daeajm

daeajm Registered Member

I am trying to back up some information to an FTP site I am using the latest version TI 10 and I am running Windows XP Prof.
    I have created a shortcut to the FTP site using Network places and select this as my backup location the routine runs and completes with no errors but not file is ever created or put on the site.
    Anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

When you say "no errors" do you mean that there are no errors in the log?

F.

3. daeajm

daeajm Registered Member

Yes no error in the log or on screen

4. firebrand

firebrand Registered Member

I have the same problem. Acronis comes back and says the backup was created successfully. Nothing amiss in the log. Yet no file is created... Looking through other posts here, seems to be a common problem. According to this thread, it's a Windows XP WebDAV redirector problem, or some such. I'm surprised Acronis isn't aware of it... I'd love to get this working, because NetDrive is flaky. Bummer when nothing works as it should...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello firebrand and daeajm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating does not solve the issue, could you please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly?

Please try performing the backup using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and tell us the results.

Please collect the logs of operations:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).
    The operation log is necessary for us to understand the exact operation executed.

Please also collect FTP log:
    - Run regedit from Start -> Run;
    - Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key. (If the DebugLogs key does not exist, please create it);
    - Add ftp value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1);
    - Reproduce the problem.
    The ftp.log will be created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with detailed step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.