Hotbar

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Qingxiang, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qingxiang

Qingxiang Guest

o_O
    I have just installed and updated spyware blaster. I selected all the spyware to be block, click the Protect against checked items button and receive the message of success! but surprisingly when i tried to installl hotbar, it does not stop me from installing it. I even double check the list and make sure that hotbar has been checked. Can anyone tell me where the problem lies?
    o_O

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, how exactly did you try to install hotbar? What type of installer did you use? SpywareBlaster stops the ActiveX version of hotbar from installing automatically via your browser. Is that what you tried?

3. Qingxiang

Qingxiang Guest

i went to its official website and click the get it now button.. Then a pop up asking me to save as or open the file, after i click open it starts to install.. Wasn't it suppose to stop the pop up coming out? by the way whats the difference between spyguard and spyblaster? i tried using spyguard and it effectively block the download..

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Okay, by running that installer you weren't protected by SpywareBlaster any longer. SpywareBlaster protects only against embedded ActiveX controls and cookies. That installer is totally different, it's an executable windows install program (.EXE), and you chose to run it!

A lot of people like to test their protections, but often they don't understand what these protections give them. In this case, if you choose to run these things, especially if you choose to run an .EXE file, then you very well may not be protected. SpywareBlaster can not protect against any *.EXE file. SpywareGuard can protect against many, but obviously not that one.

As for the difference between SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard is explained here:

What are differences Between SpywareGuard & Spyware Blaster?

5. Qingxiang

Qingxiang Guest

oh ok i got it sorry for my ignorant.. Thanks alot.. I will have both the programs on my com.. by the way if i want to make a donation regardless of spyguard or spyblaster it will be sent in to the same company right?

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

No need to apologize for asking questions! Glad we got you straight, and yes Javacool is the author of both SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.