Hot Image Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by writedom, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. writedom

writedom Registered Member

Scenario: I created an image yesterday. I downloaded some viruses and junk today. If I restore the image from yesterday (using the Acronis boot disk) everything will be as it was when the image was created yesterday. However, If I restore the image from yesterday with an infected computer today, will a Hot (running in Windows) restore guarantee the same results? Or is there still a chance the virus is still on the computer when running a hot restore?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

This assumes you are doing a recovery starting in Windows or with the TI CD not the Snap Restore which I never use.

Rather hard to predict exactly how every virus in the world will act but if you do a restore of your Windows partition it will not do the restore using Windows anyway. TI can't restore an active partition from Windows so while it may start and gather details in Windows your PC will reboot and the recovery will happen in the Linux recovery environment.

This would highly rule out any infections but a very slightly safer way would be to directly boot the TI recovery CD and proceed without even starting Windows.

3. writedom

writedom Registered Member

Ok,

Thanks for the response. I did not realize the restoration took place when in a Linux environment.

Thank You

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You're welcome. To elaborate a bit, if you start TI in Windows it will restore the active partition by rebooting into Linux. Other partitions containing data will be restored within Windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.