hmmm more new toys

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Mr.Blaze, Dec 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

hmmm so there a free verstion and payed verstion?

will im looking at price list for payed 19 bucks not bad price littile more resonable but not 100% sure but tell me it does more then kill switch and view programs active?

algain im worryed here im sure it good products as all your products are but is the new tds 4 and the oldies not no more of intrest?

i dont know if i was a sales man i concentrate more on the the main products then add the extra add ons

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Mr Blaze the seasons greetings to you. :D
    Process Guard is probably the most innovative security product of the last year.
    It's capabilitieas are quite awesome with a simple user interface.
    Many Trojans and other malware cannot run when PG protects your vital processes such as Windows system files, AV's, AT's & firewalls. All with no need for signatures, daily updates etc.
    Please read the full description here: http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/

Regarding your concerns about TDS4 etc. I can assure you that they are well on the way to completion as are other developments.

Pilli

3. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Well since I have been the main programmer on PE/PG/CS that means there has always been at least one other person working on TDS-4 stuff :) . Once you understand how long research and development takes, especially for a product to improve on what TDS-3 already does you can see that it takes a long time to put something out which is better.

Process Guard is something which will be offered as some sort of option with TDS-4 when it is released also as the security which it adds to your machine is incredible. Blaze it would be more appropriate for you to learn about the product(s) first before commenting on them and what we SHOULD be working on :) . The work done on PG/PE/CS has allowed us to be able to make our new products like TDS-4 even better. We also have no plans to release anything else during 2004 apart from TDS-4 and WG-4 (apart from updates to existing programs), so maybe this will give you some indication of where we are at.

-Jason-

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Feeling very privilaged with the advanced technologies in these gems stand alone products already and using them with lots of joy in the meantime.
    Prices? Which price, first prize i would say! Five stars, batches, buttons, cows, whatever everywhere.

5. Mr.Blaze

Oh oh how about those anoying javah exploits does this stop them dead in there tracks befor the code can excute and stupit nortion bothers me asking what i want to do with infected files?

not sure i read the stuff on this product but not sure i fully understand it lol

this thing stops explots and nastys dead in its tracks right

personaly id love a produt that would just not allow js exploits period so im safe and norton dont interupt my internet surfing same with other nastys

a automatic nasty disposal unit on my pc would be much aprechiated

security products should know what to dorather then anoy me with a qustion quiz

id love a product that just says no and kills and delets with out buging me

that would be really cool

does this kinda work like that?

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

As long as you're on a win9X system it will not do any of those for you, fire up your XP!
    Oh and in the meantime make sure yiou get into Pilli's CS chat right this minute and try all that for yourself, beta tester support team is in too, right now! real time happening!

7. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

JS exploits and Java CLASS exploits are all already easily handled by current AV monitors, same with any script type or object.. like and ActiveX control. The AVs had or developed engines to handle these exotics, some only relatively recently (recently means around 2 years in this case). Since exploits are very easy to detect by signature and scripts are very easy to detect by heuristics, they are very powerful..

8. Mr.Blaze

so this dont stop those on the fly its more of an av thing?

ummm that kinda sucks i wish there was a device that kill them on the fly befor my av nags me asking me what i want to do or a device that would just make me immune to those

so basicly this program is kinda like fingherprint but better

just tells you something is been tamperd with and dosent let it be modifed with out your say so right?

9. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Blaze :)

That's not quite correct. Look at it this way...

OS's are designed to allow processes to manipulate other processes in certain ways, for instance to close a process down or to change the priority of the process or to inject dlls that add functionality to a process. All of this was done to add flexibility and power to the programmer (and by extention to the user).

The problem is that some programmers want to hack into your system and so they can use these techniques against you, for instance to disable your antivirus program or your firewall, or inject trojan code into a running system process such as Explorer.exe. And since these programming techniques were designed for ease of use you have no idea when this sort of misuse is taking place, especially as the first step in these attacks is the disabling of the resident AV/AT/FW.

With Process Guard, you can protect one system process using the free version or any number of processes using the pay version from these types of manipulations. This helps protect your system processes and also ensures you are getting the most out of your AV/AT/FW applications by ensuring that they are not circumvented.

None of this protection is done by means of signatures against different types of malware, rather it is designed to allow you to close the door on the use of these programming techniques against the running processes that you specify for protection.

I hope this helps clear things up ;)

10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

H Blazeey & a Happy New year to you!

Dan is description sums up what Process Guard does very well :)

As you are now running XP try the PG trial. It will allow you to protect one process but will show you how easy PG's interface is and allow you to test your protected ap.
    You can protect TDS3 for instance and then try to terminate it with Advanced Process Termination (APT) http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=products after which you can remove the protection and try again with APT.
    In the full version you can protect any .exe thus prohibiting many Trojans including those that perform .dll injection.

As always upgrades are free and there are already updates & additions in the pipeline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.