hlink.dll warning

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Grandad, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grandad

Grandad Registered Member

Can anybody give me some info on the hlink.dll file (Filename: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE). When attempting to download from certain sites, not all sites, my firewall warns me that my hlink.dll (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HLINK.DLL) needs to be changed. What would be the purpose of this change?

Thanks!

2. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Google is your friend...

3. Grandad

I have tried Google, 1040 links, but found mostly references to restoring this file. Not knowing too much I did not risk anything.

4. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

5. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

One of the main things I could find "Module providing link recognition for the XHTML Family." It appears that this is a well used microsoft .dll as well.

Hope this helps,

Chris

6. Grandad

Thanks folks for the responses. This dll file is not giving me any problem with any other prog on my system. Maybe if you would visit the site in question, and if you're using SPF, you can check if you receive the same request from SPF. If not then the problem at least is only within my setup. The prog is ZeroTracks 2005 (Donation-ware) at http://www.kleinsoft.co.za/ I'm asking a bit much but appreciate any feedback.

7. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.