Hitman Pro 3.5.8 64 bit /Mcafee plus 2011

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vitorio, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vitorio

vitorio Registered Member

Hi:

I have installed in my windows 7 64 bit machine Mcafee Plus 2011. Until last week I do not have complaints but it can not detect Google Redirect Virus ( a root kit virus).

I finally killed it with Hitman Pro 3.5.8 build 121 64 bit (free for 30 days)

My question when my subscription expire in february 2011 do you recomment me to renew it, change to another antivirus and at the same time buy Hitman Pro.

Just buy Hitman Pro and keep it as my only antivirus in my Pc.

Thanks for the help and information.

Vitorio

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hitman pro is just an on demand scanner so i wouldnt reccomend you only use that.
    There is a policy on this forum about not allowing people to discuss why a product is better than b with regards to antivirus products.
    no one program will detect everything.
    it may be a good idea to ask a moderator to move this topic to the other antivirus forum for greater exposure.
    You could of contacted mcafee and im sure they would of been willing to help remove the infection.

btw who is your internet service provider? many service providers supply free antivirus /security suite to their customers.

3. vitorio

Hi:

Thanks. So, my understanding of your information is to keep an antivirus, wherever I choose and also have a program that can identify root kit virus (on demand scanner).

I googled the internet and the one in this moments that can killed the redirect virus is Hitman Pro, at least it did it to me.

If you know other program that can do this please let me know.

As I mentioned above a killed the redirect virus using Hitman Pro 3.5.8 64 bit using the free version for 30 days.

I contacted Mcafee and they want to charge me $80.00 for removing the google redirect virus which I did free of charge with Hitman Pro 3.5.8,64 bit, downloaded free for 30 days.

My provider is At@t wireless 3G.

What is the difference between a scanner and a Antivirus?

Thanks for your input.

Vitorio

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

All current antivirus programs should be able to detect rootkits. hitman pro is very good at detecting and removing rootkits as you have found out.

Im surprised at mcafee wanting you to pay after already paying for their product.

you can get antivirus in two form
    on demand scanner: its used to scan your computer for infections when you want to.
    realtime protection: constant protection which scans every file as you use your computer.

mcafee provides both realtime and on demand scanner.
    Hitman pro provides free unlimited scanning. so if you get infected in the future and hitman pro can detect and remove the infection you can always buy a license at the time.My personal opinion would be to not renew mcafee. I can get mcafee for free from both my bank and service provider but I prefer to pay for a better solution instead. other vendors provide free phone support for the license term, will happily sort out the infection and then send out an update so all their users are protected from the threat.

5. vitorio

Thanks lodore.

Very informative and excellent answer for me.

One last question. I found this site which evaluates "2011 Compare The Best Antivirus Software Products":

Can I used this information to based my decision to select and buy a new antivirus for my PC? I am asking since in this comparison they do not consider Mcafee antivirus. Maybe is not among the best or their selection is based in other considerations.

Your input is really value to be.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Vitorio

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
  6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I wouldnt rely on toptenreviews for comparision.

7. vitorio

Hi:

On what I should based my decision? Is there a site in which I can find information and that you trust that you recommend me, please?

Please, can you give your personal opinion? I know the site policy but in my case I do not have any other choices.

My friends have Norton and free Avast, but they do are not heavy searches like me.

Thanks

Vitorio

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I would surgest looking at the the whole product dynamic tests from
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/
    click on Comparatives & Reviews and Whole Product Dynamic Tests

9. vitorio

Thanks lodore.

Excellent.

Until next time.

Vitorio

10. erikloman

erikloman Developer

11. vitorio

Hi:

If I selected Prevx, with hitman Pro 3.5.8 free, where I specified that I want the 64 bit version, under this option, please?

Vitorio

12. erikloman

erikloman Developer

http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro35_x64.exe

13. vitorio

Hi:

If I pressed $37.46 under Prevx, which version I am buying, 32 or 64 bit, please?

Vitorio

14. erikloman

erikloman Developer

The license will work on both 32 and 64 bit.

15. vitorio

I previosly downloaded the 32 free version of Hitman Pro 3.5.8 and it do not run in a 64 bit machine. Then I downloaded the 64 bit, free version of Hitman and it worked.

Thats my experience, if not why exist to versions? Maybe for Prevx 3.0 thats true but what about Hitman Pro that you download free when you buy Prevx 3.0? Is it 32 or 64 bit?

Please let me known, its important.

Thanks

Vitorio

16. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

If you have a 32-bit computer; download the 32-bit version of Hitman Pro.
    If you have a 64-bit computer; download the 64-bit version of Hitman Pro.

When you buy a product in the Hitman Pro webshop, you will receive a license key. This license key works and is legal for both versions.

17. vitorio

Thanks, now I get it.

Vitorio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.