Hijacker spyaxe not cleaning

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by tuba, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuba

tuba Registered Member

Hi,

I have just downloaded free version to trial, I have Ii believe two bits of spyware on my pc both from Hijacker.spyware they are:

C:\windows\system32\mssearchnet.exe
    C:\windows\system32\nvctrl.exe

Ewido when started detects them, asks if I want to clean, Iclick OK it cleans, but the program just immeadiately re-appears.

My quaranteen listing shows the items as many times as Ihave clicked clean, but they are still there.

The symtoms on my pc is my IE default has been overetaken by hxxp://www.perfectedsecurity.com/ Ihave an Alert message telling me that trogan iworm_atck.v122.02a on my pc and it recomends putting antivirus software and if iclick it it takes me to hxxp://www.adwarepunisher.com/?aff=103 also I get random pop-ups with gambling and other suggestions.

Can your software sort out this problem? I don't want to purchase unless it does. PS: Iuse AVG Professional as my antivirus software.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2006
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

With the latest database of Ewido it will definetly assist in cleaning up that mess but you'll need to follow some other procedures to assure it and other items are definetly gone. I'd suggest you post a HijackThis log over at this site for analysis and the malware experts there will give you recommendations on any infections found on your system.

You could also follow the procedures in the below thread.

SpyAxe, SpySheriff, and other desktop type hijacks.

3. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.