Highpoint HPT 2220 RAID controller supported?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by abesch, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abesch

abesch Registered Member

Does Acronis TrueImage Corporate Workstation support the Highpoint HPT 2220 RAID controller? I know it has supported previous Highpoint controllers, but the 2220 is relatively new.
    Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello abesch,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Your RAID controller is fully supported by the latest build of Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation. You may download free trial version from our site to make sure everything should work fine.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. abesch

abesch Registered Member

When using build 1124,
    I'm getting an error: "Disk 3 - Dynamic "The disk contains an unsupported structure" when using the "Create Image Wizard". I have a RAID-1 array and another single drive (JBOD) on the HPT 2220.

Also, I'm experiencing a problem when booting with the Boot CD; the program doesn't recognize any of the drives on the Highpoint 2220 controller.

Any ideas on how to address this problem? If Acronis can't work with the HPT 2220, then I'm going to have to find a different backup utility. Which is too bad, because Acronis is normally dependable and easy to use...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. abesch

abesch Registered Member

So, I think I found the source of my troubles. Reviewing the product comparison matrix (TI server vs TI workstation), I found that only the "server" product supports RAID or dynamic disks.

The software is still incapable of recognizing the dynamic array when using the boot disk, but it is possible to view the RAID set when using TI server in the Windows environment.

Any word on if TI will be able to recognize dynamic disks in the bootable-disk environment anytime?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.