High CPU usage for nod32krn.exe when video streaming

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Shashe, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shashe

Shashe Registered Member

For a few days I have had a headache with trying to watch online episodes on ABC.com or otherwise. After every few lines of dialogue, the episodes would pause and cut out, then continue. Very frustrating! I thought at first that it was just that I had too crappy of a processor on my laptop, but it worked fine with Norton as my anti-virus. It only started happening after getting NOD32 on my machine, as opposed to Norton. Then in looking at my processes, every time I would play the episode- nod32krn.exe would pop up in processes as chugging away at 50-60 CPU, I'd pause the video and it'd go back down to 00.

After much troubleshooting/trial and error, I discovered that to fix this, simply go into the NOD32 Control Center, into IMON, to the Client Compatibility section, and click on firefox.exe (or the browser it is affecting) so it says "Higher efficiency" instead of "Higher compatibility." As soon as that change is made, streaming will be smooth sailing!

2. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

put a X in that progranm in web protction----web brownser

3. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

That only works with version 3 ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.