hi guys

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

I'm so sorry to hear all this Blazey. :'( It's really terrible ... and is nothing more than harassment ... I'm so sorry you're going thru all this.

Keep you're chin up my friend ... everything will work out.

You did the right thing!!! By reporting it to her supervisor. She's counting on you to be too scared to say anything or report her. They'll have to deal with this issue & her actions now. Good for You!!! I'm proud of you my friend. :)

Keep being friendly and everything else you're doing. You're handling yourself so well under these unfortunate circumstances.

Know we're all thinking of you, and Very Happy to hear from you ... too bad the news wasn't better. The world certainly is a shitty place sometimes.

So sorry,

Steve

Ps. You better PM Jan - he's very worried about you. ;)

Edit: LOL ... I guess I took too long to type this up ... Jan has already replied to your post.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Jan's a HE, dog? I thought Jan was a she.

PS: I PMed Blaze with a welcome back notice but he doesnt seem to like me.

3. dog

dog Guest

Yes he is ;) Jan is a male name in Holland.

Steve

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Firecat,

Yep I'm an HE :)

In the US the name Jan is for girls, here in my country it is for boys ;)
    In the US my name would be translated to John ;)

Don't worry Firecat, you're not the first :D

Cheers, Jan.

EDIT:
    LOL, Steve beat me :D
    Thanks Steve, and thanks also for your very warm posting to Blaze :D
    No, I haven't heard from him till his posting ;)

5. Firecat

And whats the full name of Jan (in general)?

6. dog

dog Guest

Jan answered your question in his post right above yours ^^^ ;)

Steve

7. Firecat

Ya...he posted that while I was posting!

8. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Hey Blazey!!!

Sounds like you need a lawyer!! You could OWN that store with the stuff Erin is pulling, but, like most of us, I know you just want to be appreciated for the job you are doing. :D

Do you have a Human Resource person? They usually work at the Corpse's office, and there should be a phone number you can call, you really should report those things, because it sounds like she is not only harrassing you, she is instigating, (involving the other employees) which is a big NO NO! She has no right to involve other employees! It is not their business!

Also, some people just will never like you NO matter WHAT you do!?! It's a fact of life, I have ran into people like that, I am sure others have too - they just either don't like you personally or you remind them of someone or... who knows, that sounds like Erin. The more you try to make her like you the more she won't, it's dumb, but true!!:)

You really deserve better treatment, I hope you do get a transfer, if she doesn't like you, seems she would help it happen!

Just keep telling yourself, It's HER problem NOT mine! Because she definitely does have a problem, but, it was there before you came along, so don't worry - some one will appreciate all you do, Kennedy does, her mom does, that's a great start!

Good Luck, Blaze!! Don't be a stranger, we miss you!! :D

9. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:) Hi Blaze: I agree with Marja, contact the Human Resources Office Manager an report her. Harassment should not be tolerated. From the sound of things there are enough people who know you do a good job, so I wouldn't worry about that. If you can get the big bosses to notice you are doing a good job, that would be good also. If company rules are being broken, the company should be made aware of this also. Keep doing a good job, an don't be afraid to let customers see you doing a good job, this can be a big help.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :D ;)

10. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hi Blazey! :)

~ big hugs~

I am so glad to hear from you. It's been such a long
    time since I saw you here. :'(

Well, I read your post carefully and I know that you
    did your best. Most people you talked of seem to
    appreciate you except Erin. Hmmm... people who
    start a new job feel fragile and insecure (and that is
    normal) and most co-workers or bosses are conscious of
    that. If they are good, they will support you and give
    you proper advice or guidance whenever needed for no
    one can learn everything in a couple of days. On the
    other hand, if they aren't too good, they will just
    manage to make you feel more uncomfortable or clumsy
    so as to enhance their feeling of "superiority". Even
    if you are learning fast, it might not make any
    difference to them. :(

Being conscious of your own sense
    of values helps a lot. :) To paraphrase an old stoic
    philosopher ...how others act towards us is out of our
    control, but we have FULL control of how we act, of
    what matters to us. If we keep our heads, act kindly
    and with magnanimity, that is enough...

I am glad that you did not keep it inside yourself,
    and told us about it. You did a nice thing to yourself
    and to others by talking of it. :)

You deserve better treatment Blaze. Dan and I will
    pray for your work environment to improve. ;)
    <<big hugs>> And remember, whatever happens, you will
    always have people here at the forum ready to listen
    to you and to support you. :) :) :)

11. Firecat

Hey Blaze,

I recommend you follow Marja's advice, as I myself have found it useful, having experienced most of what Marja says about some people's feelings of you.

to uguel:

I sometimes feel insecure and fragile even though I dont work!

Regards,
    Firecat

12. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Hey Blazo................................nice to have friends....ay.................IMHO i feel the above should be read a couple of times........................words of wisdom without a doubt.......life in the work force is a long learning curve.......................the one possible exception to the above i have would be to say to that when things are screwed up as they are for you at the present, don't be quick to leave..............these challenges are just that....challenges...............they are opportunties for growth and if we run TOO soon from the demon of the day, be well assured that the demon will follow and rear it's ugly head again and again till we 'get it'............this is not to say there is never a time to leave...........there is always a time to leave, but we must be sure that we have fought the good fight in terms of being true to ourselves. This tack will slowly but surely develope wisdom.......................Blazo, age does not neccessary beget it.........................be true to yourself my friend :)

13. CarolinaMoonshine

CarolinaMoonshine Registered Member

BLAZE! You know very well that you have friends here. Why in "blazes" do you leave us all hanging like this.

You have been given very good advice regarding the job (or any job), but the important thing outside of that is that you not leave us wondering if you have been attacked by an out of control shopping cart, and left for dead among the damaged water bottles.

Keep in touch - hear? :-*

14. CarolinaMoonshine

CarolinaMoonshine Registered Member

Blaze, I have participated in quite a few job interviews as an interviewer, and one thing that we always look at is prior job history. Has that person had 30 jobs and only stayed at each one for a few months? Or do they have a history of devoting more than a year, perhaps two or three to a job? It tells us a lot about a persons loyalty and dependability.

If you can, you need to try to solve the problems at your place of work and try to get some longevity there, and if that is not possible, investigate the possibility of transferring within the company.

I have no doubt that you are a hard worker - and dependable too. It is too bad that Erin does not know you like your friends here do. If she did she would catch onto that enthusiasm PDQ!

Sending HUGS!!!! :D

15. Rainwalker

I find it interesting that we are rather like a family here at Wilders.................and like a family we are all just a bit different, but when push comes to shove, we all shove together............... :cool:

16. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

I like that statement, Rainwalker! :D

17. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there Blazey, long time no see!
    I know what it is Blazey, you just are a too hard working Mexican guy, and generally Mexican people work too hard and always smile and be kind and nice. Some people can't stand hard working people always being nice and kind. Because they are not themselves............
    so trying to play the boss in stupid ways frustrating you, cutting your breaks and lunches, etc and doing many more things which official control would not allow, hence the filled in papers and reports etc. They're trying to save their own b***s as they don't have it all under control so you as one of the nicest and good willing persons gets it all over you.
    Don't worry, people do know the truth and as a strong always smiling good hard working mexican guy you know how to handle all this.
    and remember: if this door would close it's just to open a better job for you.

And i do hope you'll have better lenses soon and maybe better fluids or some to be more comfortable.

The whole forum looks at your happenings and well-being so please drop by at times when you can!

18. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

how true!

Although I fee sorry for Blaze I am very happy to see all people
    give such good advice and support to our friend Blaze. :)

thanks to all! :)

19. Rainwalker

Hey Blazo........i had no idea you were from Mexico......................what Jooske said sure is true...............one would not expect such a blanket statement to hold up, but i have worked with folks from your home country off and on all of my life and it is interesting to me that i have NEVER seen anything but VERY hard working and DEPENDABLE folks. On the other hand i have worked with countless lazy incompetent bozos born and raised in this country.................................many here have written about the resons for your supervisor's behavior................................they are all very true my friend.............stay strong ;)

20. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Hey Blaze, been wondering where you were. Good luck in your new job. Hope all goes well for you. :D

21. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

:D He's not 12.

You will find that a few members, not only on Wilders will not give their correct age. Should sometimes take the content of peoples profiles lightly.

Requested or was told :D

Jimbob

22. Firecat

Hey JB,

Blaze IS 12. See his profile info will ya?

And no that is old news I'm still a tester but in a different form...and that will remain a mystery for you.

Firecat

23. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

If he is 12, Kaushik. How could he have kids then? Unless he's started quite early of course. ;) ..... :D

24. Firecat

Umm...Dont make my head spin Don!!!

Maybe your right, why doesn't he change his profile infoo_O

25. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Blaze likes to put us on. ;)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.