HFS+ 8 & Bootcamp 3.2

Discussion in 'HFS for Windows' started by ryanhaver, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanhaver

ryanhaver Registered Member

HFS+ 8.0 for Windows does not work well in conjunction with Apple's Bootcamp 3.2 64bit update. I haven't tried the 32bit Bootcamp drivers yet.

When updating to Bootcamp 3.2 it breaks the HFS+ 8.0 for windows drivers integration. And overwrites those drivers, only allowing read only access to all HFS+ Formatted drives. Only reinstalling HFS+ 8.0 fixes the issue, but in turn it breaks the Bootcamp driver integration.

It's one infinite loop. Has anyone else had these types of issues? o_O

Thank you in advance.

2. sinoue

sinoue Registered Member

Did you ever figure out a solution? I'm thinking about getting HFS+8 but want to avoid your issues!

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

@ryanhaver

Could you please provide description of what happens when re-installation of HFS+ driver breaks Bootcamp drivers integration?

There is known situation when after HFS+ drive installation Bootcamp pref panel doesn't allow to boot into Mac from Windows.
    As an alternative you can use ALT button on restart to choose what to start: MacOS or Windows.

If there are any other issues please describe them here in details.

Anyway, I would recommend you to contact Paragon Support team (https://www.paragon-software.com/my-account/support/sendRequest.htm) and inform them about encountered issues.
    If there will be any service builds with bug fixing or workarounds they will provide it to you.

4. donnyL

donnyL Registered Member

Did anything get resolved with this? I can't even get windows to boot at all after the Boot Camp update. I've tried several things with no luck.

5. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Could you please specify what happened?
    Detailed step-by-step description will be very helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.