He's a good question.....

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by notageek, Aug 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Why is it that ZA free shows you all the pings and every little thing like that but SPF free don't?

2. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

I personally like it this way,that constant blinking icon drove me to distraction, rest assured if you get a 'proper' attack attempt Sygate will let you know.
    I did post this question on a Sygate board before but got very little response,maybe some others here can enlighten me, I know you can check the logs to see whats been going on but very little appears in the 'security' log, maybe Sygate doesn't see the everyday 'pings' as intrusion attempts worthy of alerting the user on.

3. notageek

Yeah that blinking does get annoying sometimes. At one time I was allowing the little message box to pop up and it popped up every 1 minute. It got so annoying that I turn off the box.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Exactly so, ZA tells you about every tiny little thing that it encounters, while Sygate does not. Sygate will let you know when something is amiss, but it will not alert you to regular harmless "internet noise" like ZA will. If you look through your traffic log on Sygate, you will still see every little thing.

5. notageek

Yes I noticed that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.