Here is a good hypothetical question: BOClean or ThreatFire?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

After months of trouble (an MS Visual C problem) installing TF I finally have it and like it. Prior to Comodo's release with Defense+ I used BOClean, then removed it. Use Online Armor now and probably won't try BOClean again since I'm already anti-malwared out, especially since I'm sandboxed 99% of the time and never go to the dark side. Just felt I might learn something from the answers to this question.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Id go for Threatfire since it can detect unknown threats as well.

BTW are you running Threatfire with OA? Do they finally get along?

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

They seem happy as a clam!

4. hammerman

hammerman Registered Member

Are you using Sandboxie with Threatfire and OA? Which version of OA are you using?

I have always had problems with this combination. I would like to replace Mamutu by Threatfire if the conflicts are resolved.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

ThreatFire is far far superior than BOClean!

6. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

But you said you browse sandboxed 99% of the time.I don't think you will need any of them.If u are using OA's hips i think it can do a very good job handle the potential intrusions,when you browse unsandboxed,or if something bypasses sandboxie.I mean i also like and use threat fire(never used Boclean),but i use sandboxie on rare ocassions,and for tests,even if i consider in a near future to use it always.

7. denniz

denniz Registered Member

In my opinion this is comparing a tree with an apple. :p

8. jrx10

jrx10 Registered Member

I tried Threatfire the last several days because of all the noise about it. But why does Threatfire (TFGui.exe) constantly pound to get out on DNS 53? I've got TF updater turned off and any TF outbounds blocked with my FW and TF has more outbound DNS attempts than any other utility freeware that I've ever DLed. Just out of curiosity, is there any way to manually DL TF updates and 2, is there any way to keep it from constantly attempting to connect out home? After looking at my FW logs, this thing is nasty in attempting to get on the 'net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.