Help

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by adrianyujs, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrianyujs

adrianyujs Registered Member

Hi! i'm new user for ProcessGuard, i'm now in trial version. May i know what is ProcessGuard? And there have i tick box called 'Block new and changed application' for Full Version only, is it something like ShadowUser and Deep Freeze? Which restore all file and setting to orginal state?
    And i'm not statisfy with some feature like when i run an application, a box will come out and ask me want to deny or permit, even i run games, ms office and other, how can i prevent it? Thanks!!!

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

One of the features of PG is that it has a list of programs which are Permitted to run. If a program that is not on the list tries to run, you will receive an alert box asking if you want to Permit the program to run. You can choose Permit or Deny. Also, you can add this program to your list of Permitted programs (by ticking always perform this action followed by Permit).
    If something modifies one of the programs on your Permitted list, you will receive an alert box informing you that the program has changed and do you want to Permit or Deny.

If you tick the Block new and changed applications, then you will not receive an alert box. PG will just stop the new or changed program from running. I use this setting so that other members of my family do not receive alert boxes which would confuse them. In the free version you do not have this option. To stop the alert boxes, you will need to run all of your programs (games, MSOffice) and add them to the permitted list. Once they are on the list, you will not receive an alert box for them.

The Block new and changed applications is not like ShadowUser or Deep Freeze.

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.