Help

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Morfeo, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morfeo

Morfeo Registered Member

I would like to know if there is anything I can do to stop receiving too many invitations o_O (over 30 per day) from people who want to add me to their contact list in MSN Messenger (version 7.0). It's is REALLY annoying :mad: . I don't know how and why so many people know my address since my account is set to exclusive and I only my friends have it and I don't have a public profile.
    I sent a message to Messenger service and the information they gave me was completely useless (how to block and invitation, etc. etc. etc.) because I have done that. The only thing they said that they would forward my suggestion to the product team (I wonder what was that since I have a question and not a suggestion).
    I have Windows 2000 Professional and the following programmes: ZoneAlarm, AVG Free Edition, AntiVir Personal Edition Classic, Spybot Search & Destroy & Ad-Aware SE Personal and I keep my computer updated.

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Don't know what to say about this one. If you have everyone blocked except for your friends I would say it is quite odd.

Question tho. Do you have your msn messenger e-mail addy posted online anywhere? Could be a cause of why this is happening to you. It's one way how spammers get your addy and send all sorts of junk your way.

I guess if it continues tho, my suggestion would be to get another ID for msn messenger or just change your e-mail addy that you use for msn messenger. Unless of course it is for business purposes.

Oh and btw, welcome to Wilders. :)

3. Morfeo

Morfeo Registered Member

I have never posted my MSN messenger e-mail online....NEVER...I would not like to change my account but I got over 50 invitations TODAY (in less that 12 hours) so if there is not solution..........I guess I will have to do it.

Anyway, many thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.