Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by panicattack, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panicattack

panicattack Registered Member

Nov 16, 2004
    hi i need your help.
    i installed spywareblaster 3.2 free version on my pc and then got some unrelated problems not due to that, so i tried to remove it.i could not find an uninstall for it, so i went into add remove programmes on control panel, and removed part of my emergency pc saving actions i had to do a system restore.and hey presto the icon is back on my control panel and when i try to remove it it says unable to remove.

i understand this is due to me using system restor to go back to befor i uninstalled it,my question is-how do i completely remove it now, and will it affect my computer in any way to have the remains of this program in my pc?

i still get the main control center which says protecting etc,but i also get no database errors.

could the program be still working-and if it is, could it have a detremental effect on my computer?

as i said i get the error message database error, or the database may be missing.
    i did see on the javacool site that it still works even if you uninstall it-it said to go to quick tasks and click turn off protection or disable protection or something like that, but the window i get when i doubleclick the icon on the startup menu does not have a quick tasks.

as i said i removed this program in add remove programmes befor the system restor. if the program still works even when it is uninstalled or removed, would this mean that the system restor i did would not work correctly,as i am told you must disable or turn off any active programmes befor doing a restor.
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Feb 18, 2003
    The Big Smoke
    Hi panicattack. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Yes, u should disable all protection in SpywareBlaster before u uninstall it.

Since u uninstalled it, and it's not showing in Add and Remove programs, it would probably be best to reinstall, make sure all protection is disabled, then uninstall. U should have no problem after that.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.