help!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by dcalvin, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcalvin

dcalvin Registered Member

I cannot access any of my applications in XP SPK 2. I get a Mem Error. This happened after I accessed a web site and all of a sudden nothing will run. I can't get to Add/Remove or anything. I get little memory errors.

How can I get around them to unistall anything that installed??

Thanks so much
    Dawn

2. dcalvin

I have spent hours looking on the web.

There are a few things out there, but not much!! Any little tidbits will be so helpful!:'(

3. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Hi, and welcome to Wilders.
    First, make sure your system is fairly clean.
    You say you have internet. Download and run CureIt. It doesn't need an install, so it should be able to work.

After you have done this, tells us your results, so we can continue helping you.

4. dcalvin

No, there is no internet. It comes up with another mem error. Iexplorer.exe won't run... then the memory address.

I am on a different computer now.

Thanks so much for any help!

5. dcalvin

Do you think if I can get to the command prompt, maybe thru safemode, I can run this via dos?? I just need to get something to execute. Will this clean too if it finds or is it just a scanner?

Thanks again,
    dawn

6. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Cureit will scan and clean as commanded by the user. The only things it won't do is update itself or run as a resident AV. (So the .exe needs downloading anew daily, or thereabouts.)
    You should be able to put it on a flash drive, run it on the sick computer from there.

7. dcalvin

Okay, I will try that! Thanks.

8. dcalvin

Strange.

What I was able to do today was to stop a bunch of services. The biggest culprit was Real Player. Once I stopped a bunch of services the memory error went away. So I am thinking Leak. I uninstalled real player.

Anyway, I ran Stinger, Ewido and Curit. Curit found something called trogan.packed.511.

I looked for information on that virus, but found nothing.

The computer seemed clean. I rebooted a few times. So far so good.

9. HURST

HURST Registered Member

perhaps that file was flagged because it's packed. sometimes this are false positive. If you know what file it is, and the file is under 10 MB, you could upload it to www.virustotal.com, and see how many AV detect it (35 AV scanning your file!).

Just beware, when you have the result, don't post the VirusTotal detection results here at wilders, it is against forum rules, just tell us how many AV's picked it.
    Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.