Help!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vicki lnne, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vicki lnne

vicki lnne Registered Member

Well, I'm definately new here and now I'm in a sort of bind. About 2 weeks ago I was trying to access an older hdd and getting some help from the friendly people on another forum. One of the other users told me that for a limited time I could get a download of Acronis True Image 7.0 and it would help alot if my main hdd ever crashed. Well I downloaded the file and got the seriel number from the main website. I saved it to a note pad document on my main hdd. Of course I created an image file of my hdd as a backup. When it died, an unnatural death :eek: I put it in another tower and used the Acronis to clone the old drive to the new one. Everything went great until I tried to access my documents. I got an error message that said I needed the seriel number to access the cloned part of my hdd and that number is saved in the one place I can't access it! Of course. I know, always back up everything I just got exicited and forgot I guess. What do I do now?:oops:

2. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

See if this helps.
    http://www.acronis.com/mag/vnu-ati7
    I am not sure what serial number you are speaking of, but true Image 7 is now free and if that is the serial number you are talking about then you will be home free. Good luck.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vicki lnne,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that you do not need the serial number to access the cloned drive. The serial number needed to install Acronis True Image only. Therefore, could you please clarify the exact messages you received when tried to access the data on the cloned drive? When exactly have you received them? Make a screen shots of the message.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.