Help with Virus Removal please

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Axzarious, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axzarious

Axzarious Registered Member

Im using NOD32, Spybot search and destroy, and AVG (Mainly the spyware remover, and it has on one occasion, managed to get something before NOD32). I have a few questions in addition to the virus removal. Can you have multiple antiviruses without preformance being impeded or them effecting one another?

Well, onto the main thing, I have apparantly gotten several trojans recently, and as annoying as it is, and im wondering, if they are in the quarantine and cannot be cleaned, can you safely delete them? I have several in the quarantine already, so im just wondering if they are permanently and safley removed when I click 'delete' after right clicking on it.

Also, I dont know if these are quarantined or not- I do a scan and 3 infections come up. So I click clean, and apparantly it cannot be cleaned. so I checked 'quarantine' for all three of these (Each time the clean thing came up) and it said that they were all quarantined, so I did the scan again, and apparantly they are no longer 'quarantined' Should I just delete these ones when im doing the cleaning thing again?

2. Axzarious

Almost forgot, but these 3 are the reoccuring ones and the messages I get.

File C:\Documents and Settings\Ryan\Local Settings\Temp\wJQs.exe is infected with trojan Win32/Agent.NNP. NOD32 cannot clean this infiltration.

File C:\Documents and Settings\Ryan\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\X5O2ZIJW\._file[1].exe is infected with trojan Win32/Agent.NNP. NOD32 cannot clean this infiltration.

and

File C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\svchost.exe is infected with trojan Win32/Agent.NNP. NOD32 cannot clean this infiltration.

Also, when I found out about this intrusion, I downloaded the win32 agent cleaner from the nod32 homepage, just to see if it detects them as well, and gives the quarantine and delete option saying it cant clean them, and when the scan finishes I get this! It says, and I quote "Win.32 Agent has not been found on your computer. Restart is not necessary." I am confused by this.

3. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello,

perform these steps:

• clean temporary files with ATF Cleaner
    • Run on-demand scan with cleaning option enabled

All infected files should be removed.

Regards

4. Axzarious

Thanks, I'll try that. I did delete all the viruses already, but I have not experianced anything wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.