help with true image 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by leerph, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leerph

leerph Registered Member

OK. I can do a backup and it tells me it is successful. however, when i try to check the archive, i always get the errors:
    502 (0x101F6) and
    5(0x640005)
    I have tried all the stuff I could find on the net about it. I ran checkdisk and did a defrag on all drives. I get the error no matter what drive I try to back it up to. I have tried backing up to my external usb 2.0 hdd and my secondary internal sata 160gb hard drive. (primary drive is a 300gb sata drive).
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I run an ebay business and need to be able to back up my databases, etc. Thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Is there an explanation to the right of the error code as to what it is for?

Note that the table heading is "error codes" but a lot of the entries are purely informative. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the meaning of the code numbers.

Which symbol, is associated with the log entry?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello leerph,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please first of all, please make sure you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should first register your software at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/.

If the problem persists, please do the following:

Could you please confirm that both this errors present when you use Check Archive Tool of Acronis True Image to check images stored on both internal and external drives? Please also tell us if the errors persist if you check the image archive when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Media?

Please save the log enrty of Acronis True Image 9.0 that contains the error message.

In order to do so please do the following:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello leerph,

If not already done, I recommend that you download and run <Memtest86+> for a few hours. There should be zero errors reported. If that isn't the case then you either have a bad stick of RAM or the memory timings are too aggressive for the type/make of RAM being tested.

Regards

5. leerph

leerph Registered Member

OK. Still no luck. Here's my setup:
    Dell 3.0gig with 2gigs of DDR2 ram
    2 internal SATA hard drives. One is 300gb and one is 160gb Both NTFS
    1 external USB 2.0 hard drive of 240gb NTFS

I have tried backing up the image to both my external hdd as well as my secondary internal one and continue to get the same error messages. The backup completes fine each time, but when I try to verify the image, I get:

Error 1 502(0x101F6) Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated: details: Image corrupted: (0x70020)
    Error 100 5(0x640005) Operation has completed with errors.

The ram is brand new but I'll run a check on it. Any other errors as to what these codes mean? Thanks in advance for all the help.

6. leerph

leerph Registered Member

Well, sure enough I have a bad stick of ram. I ran the test and determined which stick it was. Now all is working perfectly. Thanks for the help guys.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi again leerph,

Glad it's sorted :thumb:.

It's a well known fact that True Image really stretches the system memory. However, that flakey stick of RAM would have reared it's ugly head elsewhere eventually. I have a lot of respect for Memtest86+ and give it a regular workout once a month just in case my RAM starts to go AWOL :cool:.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.