help with restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tb582, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tb582

tb582 Registered Member

Hello i'm using Acronis ture image server v 8.0 build 768, My desktop machine will not boot and I want to restore it using the images that I have prevously created, I have a dual xeon, 2 WD SATA set up in RAID 0, with a Iwill DH800 mobo. How do I go about restoring the image to my SATA RAID drives?

2. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

What do you mean it won't boot? Do you mean your OS is damaged enough to cause this, or is it possibly a hardware problem. If it's not a hardware issue, you should be able to insert your rescue CD, and do a hard re-start(press button on fron of PC) and go through the normal procedure for doing a restore.

Tipton

3. tb582

tb582 Registered Member

Yes, its just an OS prob, i've been meaning to reinstall for awhile now, that doesn't seem to work, it does not seem to see the SATA raid

4. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

So the rescue CD does not see your RAID setup? How did you create the image you made? Did you create within windows? If so, had you ever booted with the rescue CD to make sure it would see your RAID setup. Some people have issues with the rescue CD, seeing their hard drives. You say you are using build 768, is your rescue CD current for that build? If you have another PC, maybe you could update TI to the latest build 774, and burn a rescue CD, and see if it will see your RAID array!

Tipton

5. tb582

tb582 Registered Member

I built the cd on a laptop machine that is running xp.....

6. tb582

tb582 Registered Member

once i get windows reinstalled, it shouldn't be a problem to restore the image from within xp right?

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

No, you can't restore your primary active partition from within Windows.

As advised by Tipton, update TI on your laptop to build 774 (you will need to have registered your TI with Acronis in order to gain access to the update) and then create another "Full" boot rescue CD. If that still doesn't detect your desktop's SATA RAID 0 setup then create a "Safe" version of the boot rescue CD and try that.

Regards

8. tb582

tb582 Registered Member

alright i'll try it that way, i'm updating now......

as i'm waiting, do you think upgrading the ver. will work? what would of caused the problem in the older ver.?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  9. tb582

tb582 Registered Member

I'm going to type exactly what is happening ......Alright it has booted into the arconis menu from the cd, I'm checking the image just to make sure it is good, image has been checked "the image archive was successfully verified." , Now going to click on restore image, selected image1.tib, alright now its asks to select a hard disk drive for the restore, it has disk 1-5 as follows:

69.25 GB ATA wdc wd74...... SCSI
    69.25 GB ATA wdc wd74...... SCSI
    114.5 GB Maxtor ...... IDE secondary slave
    a firewire drive
    and a external usb hdd.

Now the ones that I have the SATA raid setup on are the top 2, so when i click on disk 1 it says 69.25 GB then in the gray box C: 138.5 GB NTFS and the bar across the top is a yellowish color indicating primary, if i click on the second one everything is the same exept it says unallocated 69.24GB....

so how do i restore the image?? which one do i click on o_O?

10. tb582

tb582 Registered Member

alright, the image has been restored, i restart the computer, and it comes up with " A disk read err r occurred Press Ctrl +Alt +Del to restart" what the hell does that mean, I don't understand I checked the image everything checked out fine, it restored fine but then i get this, please help me out, lol I have a final for my class due tomorrow and i need my computer.....

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tb582,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please download and install Acronis True Image 8.0 build 786, create new bootable CD and try to restore the image again. This build includes many fixes for our linux drivers.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.