Help with ID-BLASTER +PLUS

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by RCGuy, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Could someone simply help me to understand how to use ID-BLASTER +PLUS? I read the instructions and basically knows what it does, but after opening the main control console:

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4831/resizedidblasterplus9ni.jpg

I was really lost as to what to do next. I know that I could take 45 minutes or an hour to read everything to understand how this program functions, but I was wondering if someone who is already familiar with this program could give me a few short tips on how to use it. Thanks. :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

just select the programs whose ID u want to randomize and click "Begin Randomization"

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Do you mean like the one highlighted in my image above, Internet Explorer ID, and/or the one above it, Windows ID? (Not sure what NT -specific ID or WMP7 + WMP8 Unique ID means. o_O )

4. WSFuser

yes those. i think NT -specific would be Windows XP and i know WMP is Windows Media Player.

5. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Okay, that sounds easy enough, but what does the "Randomnize Now" button mean?

6. WSFuser

when u click on randomize, ID-Blaster will change teh "product ID number", "GUID", or "Unique ID number" of the selected programs.

u do know what ID-Blaster does, right?

7. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Registered Member

RCGuy: I strongly urge you to write down or print those ID numbers before you click the button to start randomization. Take the time to go through the posts of this forum and note how many people cannot now perform updates because they have lost their numbers. There is not much anyone can do to help them to recover those numbers either. Before you do any randomizing go to 'Options' then click on 'Show Current Win Product ID Values' and if you have not randomized the numbers what that window will show you are your official (real) product ID's.

To answer your question about the 'NT-Specific ID'--I'm running Windows 2000 and I have both the 'Windows ID' and also the 'NT-Specific ID'. Both of the original 'official' numbers matched 100% the same, but now that I'm using ID Blaster Plus they are different, but I've encountered no problems as of yet.

I think that anyone that uses this program should familiarize themselves with how to back up and restore registry entries. And then they should back up those registry entries before using this program. Otherwise...heartache.

Some more info: to configure this program completely, click on 'Options' and then 'General Options' and change all those settings to 'Enabled'. That way when you start ID Blaster it goes automatically to the tray minimized, and automatically starts randomizing the numbers. That won't make the program start with Windows startup though. You need to make a shortcut to ID-Blaster and put it in your 'Startup' folder under Start Menu-Programs. I would edit the properties of the shortcut and change it from opening a normal window to opening minimized also.
    When you click on 'Show Incompatible Items' it will bring up a window with a list of any programs specified in your settings (for ID Blaster to change) that ID-Blaster refuses to change. This could be because the program doesn't exist on your machine, or it could be something else, like ID Blaster not liking the registry product ID value name. I will write another post about this topic.

Be diligent, be careful, and have fun.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I strongly concur.

9. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Yes, but I was just wanting to know what the difference was between "Begin Randomization" and "Randomize Now."

10. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Already done on both accounts.

11. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Not sure about the part about backing up and restoring my registry entries. Also, I already clicked on the "Begin Randomization" button, therefore, will I still be able to click on 'General Options' and change the settings to 'Enabled'? Plus, do I need to make this program start during Windows startup? Additionally, you lost me in the last paragraph of your quote above.

12. WSFuser

"Randomize now" just randomizes teh number when i click it. "Begin Randomization" will randomize the number at the selected interval (e.g. every 30 min).

13. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Registered Member

I posted about how to backup those specific registry locations that store the ID numbers here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=125779
    Concerning the 'General Options'-- you can change those entries at any time, even with the 'Randomization' button pressed.
    You don't have to have ID Blaster start at Windows startup. You could just let it randomize once and then manually shut down ID Blaster.
    I thought you'd asked about the 'Incompatible Items' that's why I gave what little info I knew. Maybe it was someone else.
    I dunno. I've got the flu and feel pretty out of it right now. :gack:

14. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Nowhere Man, if you're still around, could you please elaborate? I already went into Options and Enabled everything, but I don't fully understand what you said in your quote above. BTW, I hope you're feeling better from the flu. I'm trying to get over a head cold that I've had since March 30th. My doctor just prescribed some antibiotics for me yesterday(Monday).

15. WSFuser

if u want ID-Blaster to randomize the ID numbers at an interval, it has to remain running in systray. however if u just randomize the numbers once, u can then close the program afterwards.

16. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Could someone elaborate a little bit more on how this is done. I would like ID-BLASTER to automatically run at start up.

17. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Using XP, right click on your desktop. Select new shortcut. Browse to the IDBlaster folder.Click on IDBlaster.exe. That will put the shortcut on your desktop.
    Click the left mouse button and drag that shortcut to the start button. It will open your menu. Drag the shortcut to the startup folder and release the mouse button.

18. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I was able to do everything expect for near the end when you said to drag the shortcut to the startup folder. I don't quite know where the startup folder is.

19. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It should be under start, all programs, startup.

20. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Okay, I see it, but I had to double click on it(Startup) to open it so that I could drag the IDBlasterplus shortcut icon into it. Thanks.

21. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Okay. :thumb:

22. HannahF

HannahF Registered Member

Can someone tell me how to delete ID BLASTER PLUS from my computer everytime i try i recieve and error messeege.:mad:

23. Get

Get Guest

Can you tell me what the errormessage says if you can remember? If you can't, read the following before you try to uninstall it again to provoke another message!!:

I guess you mean uninstall when you say delete? First things first: Open ID-Blaster-> go to "Options"-> "General Options"-> set everything on "Disabled"-> Click "Save Changes"-> "Close". On the main screen click "Stop Randomization!" (when it says "Begin Randomization!" do nothing). Now comes the tricky part... did you save the original ID Values..? If yes : go to "Edit"-> "Manual Value Change"-> "Manually Edit Win Product ID Values" and replace the values with the originals-> "Save Changes"-> Close. Close the main screen and you can uninstall ID-Blaster by going to "Start"-> "Control Panel"-> "Add or Remove Programs". After uninstall restart the pc and delete the folder "C:\Program Files\ID-Blaster Plus" (only the ID-Blaster Plus-folder!). When you didn't save the original values then you're in a "bit" of trouble, because windowsupdate won't work anymore.

24. HannahF

HannahF Registered Member

Thanx heaps Get windows update is working fine you are a pure genious! Thanx!:D

25. Get

Get Guest

You're welcome, but it would be nice if you told how it went...did you just follow what I wrote and didn't the errormessage appear because of that for instance..? The part of me being a genius I wouldn't contest nor admit to, as no genius would of course.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.