Help with Endian firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Gez, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gez

Gez Registered Member

Hi
    I have set up an Endian firewall running the recently released Community version - 2.1.1
    All is running well and a number of bugs in the previous release seem to have been fixed.
    What I would like some help with is the setting up of rules in the outbound firewall, to force users to use the built-in proxy, with its content filter. Local authentication is enabled.
    The rules I have so far are as follows :

Allow HTTP traffic destined for port 80 if it originates from localhost (i.e., proxy)
    Allow HTTPS traffic destined for port 443 if it originates from localhost (i.e., proxy)
    Deny all HTTP port 80 traffic coming in on the LAN (Green) interface
    Deny all HTTPS port 443 traffic coming in on the LAN (Green) interface
    Deny all HTTP-ALT port 8080 traffic coming in on the LAN (Green) interface

I'd like to be sure these rules are correct.
    Another thing I am having a problem with is logging onto a secure banking website using Mozilla and Opera. Internet Explorer will log in no problem (the secure website is added to the Trusted Zone but I can find no way of doing that in the other browsers). I want to prevent users from using Internet Explorer and require them to use one of the otehr browsers.

Thank you
    Gerard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.