Help with Doubleclick Cookies Please!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jem, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem

Jem Registered Member

According to the list of 'protected / blocked' items in Spyware Blaster, Doubleclick Cookies should be blocked.

I have ticks in all the boxes, but within 2 minutes of going back on line, I had a new 'Doubleclick.net' cookie on my machine. Why?

Thanks, Jem

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Are your definitions listed in red or black? If in red, then you need to click on "select all" and then click "protect against checked items" and you should be okay. All new updated definitions will download in red and you must follow the above procedure in order for you to be protected.

3. Jem

Jem Registered Member

Thanks Peaches...it was my error - sorted now.

However I do have another question -

Can someone recommend where I should have my IE security settings when using cookie blocking in SpywareBlaster? I'm inclined to let all cookies through with IE by using the Advanced Settings in 'Privacy' and let SpyBlaster do the work, particularly as I use sites that require legit cookies and I find anything above the preset 'Low' setting causes me a problem occasionally. Question is: should I be using the Advanced settings in that way and if so, do I check the 'Always allow session cookies' box, or not?...and does it make any difference?

Someone educate me please?!! :)

Jem

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Jem,

This is how I use the Advanced Settings:
    - allow session cookies
    - prompt First party cookies (you can put a checkmark in the always box for sites you visit often)
    - block third party cookies

You may find this helpful: http://privacy.getnetwise.org/browsing/tools/ie6/cookiesadvanced

Regards,

Pieter

5. merci

merci Registered Member

Hi Jem
    If you're still in need of guidance on IE6 Cookies (and the other security settings if need be) and you don't need video tutorials, pop over to my website, browse to the Home Page, click Attack and Defence (red button) and select Table 7 : Zone Settings in Internet Explorer.

Click My Sig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.