Help with Dialock boot!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Lord_Lucan, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Lucan

Lord_Lucan Registered Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Hi, This software has got me  o_O  my laptop has Dialock boot software ver 3.6
    installed (pc security protection)disableing booting from floppies, i cant
    access c:/ drive or even boot machine..tried all the usual. bootdisks, every
    key combo etc...can i bypasss it, any ideas or info or links to this
    software, greatly appreciated, it was released about 1995.

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Dec 29, 2002
    Clover, SC
    Haven't a clue, I'm afraid.

Have you tried contacting the software maker?

The laptop manufacturer? Pete
  3. snowman

snowman Guest

Dialock Boot
    Platform: DOS, MS-Windows

Vendor: Alliance Sales

Originally a security program that prevented a standalone or networked PC from being booted from the floppy drive, Dialock Boot has some added Internet-related features which monitor the incoming data stream. Being (in the UK) a sub-£50 package for single machines it is not intended to be a comprehensive firewall - but it does provide a good measure of protection.

Dialock Boot records all attempts to access protected files. It allows users to encrypt sensitive data, provides a fully auditing facility, and allows users to make tagged diskettes that can be used only on one or more specified machines

More information: tel: +44 1794 518183 fax: +44 1794 518490

perhaps an e mail to the vendor may help

4. Lord_Lucan

Lord_Lucan Registered Member

Apr 27, 2002
    cheers for the reply.  yes i rang the number but they said they no longer have anything to do with the software, havent for the past 4 years, they wouldnt give me anymore info,what this software does is shift around and encrypt ure boot sectors  so even if u get to an A:\ there is no HD there as it cant see it.  :'(  i`ve tried various partition managers but most of them just make the laptop freeze, i dont know why they discontinued the product it is good maybe too good, it was for dos and win3.1, i wonder if there is similar products availible now for win NT/XP anyone?
  5. Luthianp

Luthianp Guest

I had the same problem with Dialock boot on my laptop, the fix was to:
    1: Move the harddrive to a laptop with a CD-ROM drive if the present laptop has not already got one.
    2: Boot from a Linux cd (I used SuSe 6.1)
    3: Use The delete partion under expert button in the Yast partitioning tool. (under SuSe 6.1)
    4: Replace HDD into the origional laptop and Fdisk + format as if it was a new drive.
    5: Sorted :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.