Help,with configuring Kaspersky6.0 and ZA

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zoran, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoran

zoran Registered Member

Windows XP (NT) SP2

Can you please help me set up Kaspersky 6.0 with Zone Alarm 3.7.098

Currently I have AVPE Classic v.7-Resident and Kaspersky 4.5 On demand(backup) configuration (Scaner,Mail C,Virus list Generator and Update),
    Ewido 4.0,AdAware SE PE.

Specially, I need to know, do I, and what do I clean up after this Kaspersky(4.5),
    and what do I, if anything, avoid enabling in Kaspersky 6.0 while installing,so that I don't create conflict with Zone Alarm.
    Finaly, How to configurate Mail protection,between these two?At the moment My Mail(OE) is under almost totall quarantine .

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

How do you intend to use it..as the only AV with both AntiVir and 4.5 uninstalled?

4. zoran

zoran Registered Member

5. zoran

zoran Registered Member

Yes I wanted to uninstall both,

but I made a stupid mistake
    I have Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0,not Anti Virus ,
    I suppose I will be needing something as on demand.
    If anybody knows anything about what I will be needing to turn off in Kaspersky
    Internet Security 6.0 so I can use it with ZA,it would be great.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Let me first tell you "No problem , you are welcome" . :)

Then , since you have Kaspersky Internet Security 2006 there is no need of ZoneAlarm firewall , really . I am sure KIS is not compatiable with ZA , moreover even if it was compatiable , it is unnecessary overload .
    You also paid for the Kaspersky's firewall .

As always l'd recommend you consider buying a router with NAT and SPI protections
    Visit Kaspersky's forum to have more advanced help and removal tools/instructions for the old version and after than install the desired software.

As a back up , I would recommend only online scanner so that it is light choice .
    Panda ActiveScan free (www.activescan.com)

:thumb:

7. Don Pelotas

Ok, do this:

1. Download & install CCleaner, download KAV_Rem.zip, unzip it to a folder on your desktop.

2. Uninstall all anti-virus software & if you want to use Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0, then you must also uninstall Zone Alarm 3.7.098, reboot and run the Kav_rem.zip you downloaded (simply double click the file KAV_Registry_Clean.exe), next run cleaner in CCleaner, next the registry cleaner in CCleaner.

3. Install Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 again.

4. Post here:http://forum.kaspersky.com/ next time.:)

8. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

I recommend you use an updated version of ZA. ZA v3 is just too way outdated and even ZL is no longer offering that for download. I recommend a least version 6.1 if possible.

When installing Kaspersky, remember to select the option of a custom install, then untick the box for Kaspersky's firewall. This will prevent any conflicts from happening between any two software firewalls. My recommendation is to speak to Kaspersky's customer service and ask for a refund of the suite and get KAV if possible.

Don's steps forgot to mention when to install ZA. You should do so before installing Kaspersky. That will ensure that your computer is protected from nasty worms while installing Kaspersky.

9. Don Pelotas

No, i didn't forget, it's just a bad idea to buy KIS and use an old version of ZA IMO.

10. zoran

zoran Registered Member

Thanks for everything,
    I'm sorry for not repying earlier but I hat to work very hard, these days
    Thanks ,I will use the KAV Rem and I already have ccleaner
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.