Help with cmputer issue

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by steverope, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverope

steverope Registered Member

This isn't a security issue, but the knowledge here may help me with problem I am having. I cannot rename a file I just created, or delete it....it says that either it is write protect or the disk is full......and the disk isn't full......this just started hapening in the last few days.....I don't know what to do.....any Ideas?
    Thanks, Fr Steve

2. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, could you give me some details;

Type of file- .exe, jpg, etc
    Location- where is it located
    Size

Did you also rename the file extension?

3. steverope

steverope Registered Member

I think I just solved it, It was my Extendia AV.....I had the file recognition on "program files only" as per advice from Extendia tech, to expidite the start up of applications.....It's kind of odd that this would cause that to happen.......or maybe not, because it says that the file is either write protected or in use, but it still seems odd that this setting would cause this.....it also prevented me from saving my preferences in firefox, but with the "automatic file recognition" instead of"program files only" I can save my rename,prefs ect. Any I deas why this is happening?

4. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Glad to hear the problem is solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.