help with ad-aware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kathyhl, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

I just bought and downloaded the Ad-aware plus, but it now no longer runs. It says it needs AAWHELPER.DLL. Can someone help me please?

Thank you,

Kathy

2. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

Before anyone takes the time to reply on this, I went back and downloaded another version of Ad-aware, not the full version, which was the one that didn't work, but another version. I also paid for a CD, so I'm wondering if that is the reason I shouldn't have downloaded the full version? At any rate, it is now working, but it still looks like the same free version I had to begin with.

I have written their site, but no responses yet, which is why I came in here.
    Hopefully I'm just having a bad day and everything else is ok o_O

Thanks,

Kathy

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Kathy,

I moved your thread out of the hijack cleaning forum so Members could respond to your thread. :)

If you purchased AdAware6 Plus, then you would also have the Ad-Watch (on resident scanner) that comes with it. If you do not have that with your download, then yes, the best step would be to contact Lavasoft with the details of your purchase and hopefully they will be able to get it all straightened out for you.

Let us know how it goes. :)

Regards,

snap

4. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.