help us! to discover our own thesis problem

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by cyberterrorist08, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberterrorist08

cyberterrorist08 Registered Member

Our thesis proposal is all about how to safeguard the files to be copy by the unauthorized entities, we already have discussed removing the floppy drives, disabling the usb ports but still there is something wrong on that, it will consume time to enable and disable the the ports and when we remove the floppy drives the data resides in the computer will not be transfer anymore. You are right that today we always shares everything through copying of files using external devices.

thanks for your reply.

looking forward for the positive response!

cyberterrorist08

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Gregory

First not sure I want to go the email route.

I think there are two different issues.

First copying by someone accessing the computer from the internet.

Second is copying by someone sitting at the computer.

In either case, I don't see it as a big issue.

To protect something from the internet, a firewall keeps out certain stuff, and I use sandboxie for browsing, and email, and it effectively blocks access to the internet.

In terms of someone sitting at the computer, if the files are in a Truecrypt container and properly password protected, they are pretty safe.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.