Help! Unable to create Acronis safezone on harddrive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rogerwilco1234, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerwilco1234

rogerwilco1234 Registered Member

Hello All!

Here is my problem...Whenever I attempt to create the Acronis Safezone on one of my harddrives "D:", I get an error message indicating Acronis was unable to "resize the partition due to a block error"...I am using the latest build of Acronis True Image 9 (3633). I ran the chkdisk utility on this drive several times, and everytime it has reported zero errors. In addition, I reinstalled the latest Acronis drivers. My "D:" drive consists of an 80GB internal Seagate harddrive. My primary "C:" drive consists of two 80GB internal Seagate harddrives configured in a RAID Array at 160GB capacity. Is there a way to fix this problem? All I want to do is have the ablility to create a safezone on my "D:" drive without problems...Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Since the D drive is a separate physical hard drive, I recommend that you think twice before going the Secure Zone route. Is it really that likely that you will accidentally delete a backup file?

The SZ was useful when systems had only one hard drive and drives were expensive.

If you want extra security burn the backup file to dvd media in addition to having it on the D drive.

3. rogerwilco1234

Chutsman,

Thanks for the reply! I hear you, but I'm a tinkerer...To be honest, I probably won't use the safezone...But I still would like to know why it won't install on that "D:" drive. One of the main reasons I bought the software in the first place was to get the functionality of the safezone. The fact that it is invisible to your operating system, and prevents accidental erasures...Thanks again!

4. rogerwilco1234

Hello all!

This update is meant for those of you who have been following my saga, and the fact that I just don't like open threads?!...Well, I actually managed to solve this problem on my own. I d/l Disc Wizard from the Seagate website, and did a "low-level" format on my "D:" drive. I also performed an update on the MBR sector. I rebooted, and tried to create the Acronis Safezone again on my "D:" drive. This time it succeeded with no problems!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.