Help removing TR/AlureonBB.4

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by martbd, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martbd

martbd Registered Member

Help I unable to remove TR/AlureonBB.4 with Eset Smart Security. Lavasoft Adaware found it and tried to remove it, but it kept coming back. I am using Smart Security 4 it didn't detect it. How do I remove it? :argh:

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I do not believe that TR/AlureonBB.4 is a name in ESET's threat signature database. Do you recall what ESET Smart Security detected the threat as and what it reported when trying to remove it?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Not certain that this is the same Alureon variant, but a list of what various AV companies call it can be found here

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Based on that, it could be an undetected fake antivirus program. In cases where a threat appears to be present but nothing is reported, it is best to create a report of what programs are running on the computer using ESET SysInspector and then mail it to support@eset.sk for analysis by one of ESET's support engineer. They can then examine the report and request files from the computer for analysis by the virus lab, suggest how to remove any undetected malware and so forth.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. martbd

martbd Registered Member

Lavasoft Adaware AE Pro found it and tried to remove it , but failed :argh:

6. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Uh...

Being very familiar with Lavasoft's Ad-Aware...

It could very well be a false positive on Ad-Aware's behalf. Or Ad-ware probably installed it in the first place (see below).

Ad-Aware used to be a very good product when it was first introduced.

It is no longer. It's junk. Ever since Lavasoft was bought out all of their Security suites have turned to crap. What's worse, it's a widely held belief that many of their newer products are actually installing spyware on user's sytems.

I finally quit using Ad-AwareSE Pro about 2 years ago. I tried Ad-Aware 2007 and it was a joke. Ad-Watch was spiking my CPU and burning some serious RAM space.

I highly suggest that you dump Ad-Aware. Get your money back if you can.

7. cssoz

cssoz Registered Member

his right, ad-award PRO (paid version) aren't that good. it never finds anything important, but some stupid cookies etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.