HELP, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Enigma101, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enigma101

Enigma101 Registered Member

Please understand, I'm a computer idiot.

I managed to clone my C drive to the D drive, which I have taken out and put in a safe place.

Then, I installed a 2nd HD and after one or two mis-steps, managed to get the HD functioning, only to drive letter M, but that's okay.

Now, when I boot the computer it says, "Acronis loader fatal error: boot drive (patition) not found." When I hit "enter" twice, it boots anyway.

What would you suggest? Uninstall the program and start over?

2. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

This may be way off, but did you set up the "Acronis Secure Zone" ?

I'm not sure if its even possible to put it on a 2nd internal HD, but perhaps you put it on the 2nd HD which you've since replaced ?

3. Enigma101

Enigma101 Registered Member

What I was trying to do was make an image to the 2nd (new) HD. I think what I did wrong was not set up a partition in the 2nd HD just for that.

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

What do you mean by this, "managed to get the HD functioning, only to drive letter M"?
    Did you test the cloned drive by booting it?
    What version of True Image are you using?
    I would suggest that you make the Bootable Rescue CD and do all of your Imaging, Cloning, and Restoring with that cd instead of running TI from within Windows - you're less likely to run into errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.