Help me I am just a stay at home mom !

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by omyti, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omyti

omyti Guest

Ok I am so confused,I am from Dallas Texas and I heard that the US has been hit with alot of virus"? Well I have McAffe and somehow my McAfee Firewall has been disabled and I cannot fix it.I tried right clicking the icon on the bottom and it still is black,so I have so a spybot scan and it says I have the following...Peopleonpage,AvenueA inc,DoubleClick,and DOS Explot.I want to know if I have been hacked into or if I just have a pop-up virus,I have used spy-bot and I just cannot get rid of these 4 things,Of course because Mcafee is completly not working it is no good.I am afraid I have a hacker.When I scan all of these wierd things come up,I have Verizon DSL .HELP ME I am going nuts,my computer is so slow.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

I moved your post to this forum since you stated your firewall was disabled.

Regards,

Pieter

4. Amerk_5

Amerk_5 Registered Member

Also download & run Stinger. If it finds a virus, let it repair it. Then uninstall McAfee, reboot, and reinstall McAfee.

AvenueA and DoubleClick are cookies. If you use Internet Explorer, install IE-SpyAd. It ads a ton of sites to your Restricted Sites list. It should prevent those cookies and others sites from taking control of IE and your system. It's not a 100% full-proof prevention to spyware but it'll help a lot.

I don't know what Peopleonpage & DOS Explot are. Maybe somebody else can help with those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.