Help..IE browser issues

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Compgal, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Compgal

Compgal Registered Member

I occasionally do some shoppign online. Just recentlyl I tried to check out at oldnay.com and a got a page saying "Cannot Find Server". I thought that was wierd, so I tried some other sites and had the same problem. I'm not sure if this is happening because of my security settings or spyware. I've also been getting a popup that says "my security settings may prevent me from running Active X controls on tis page" at some sites that I visit. I have no idea what thats about. I'm thinking all of this may be in part because I need to get the latest updates, but lo and behold, I am having issues with that as well. o_O Helllllp!

2. RedLobster

RedLobster Guest

Before you do ANYTHING.....wait for someone to guide you to the HiJackThis download link.......while waiting for the experts who read the Hijackthis log.....you can get a heads start by downloading Adawear and SpyBot Search&Distroy which can be found in the free tools section of Wilders.(if you don't already have those programs)....but again..wait....don't run the programs just yet.
    One point....if you are ever login anywhere...as you were...an this occurs again..be sure to close your browser completely...don't just go to another website....even when using e mail..after logging out its good to close your browser......I wont go into a long explanation....
    One of the experts will be along soon....until then...
    Oh..did you install any new programs lately that may have changed the setting in internet explorer ? Something like ENOUGH is ENOUGH...or Spywareblaser..? When activeX wont run it usually indicates that its been disabled

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Some banking and online shopping sites use activex. If you have it disabled you might get a message like that and not be able to use the site.

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Problem being addressed HERE.

Regards,
    Kent

5. RedLobster

RedLobster Guest

Kent

NICE JOB!! Kent you really are good at reading the HiJackThis Logs. I bet there are lots of people grateful for the work you experts contribute

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I have Pieter as a teacher and mentor ;) :D and he IS the best :cool: .....

Regards,
    Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.