Help! I can't remove "Norton Internet security 2005"

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Tru_Snoop, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tru_Snoop

Tru_Snoop Registered Member

Hey guys;

I just tried to install Norton Internet Security 2005 and the setup crashed. So I had to turn off my pc and start again. Seems like norton didn't install successfully. I can't even remove or install Norton internet security now. I deleted all the files of norton in C drive and in other places, but I can't seem to remove its icon from the Add/remove screen. How can I remove this icon?

Please help.............thank you.

2. wildman

wildman Registered Member

o_O You might want to run a good reg. cleaner also an delete any of the items that might be there. Might want to run reg edit an look for these items also an then delete them.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :) ;)

3. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Here is a link to nortons website that will help you get a full uninstall. Like wildman said. I would download a good registry cleaner..Regseeker is good, and it's free. Run regseeker and delete all green entries it finds in the registry...relating to symantec, or norton.

For Norton help Click Here Just type in the search box...uninstall norton internet security 2005.

Here is a link to download the free regseeker registry cleaner.http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Here is the link to Removing Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall 2005 from Windows 2000/XP after Add/Remove Programs does not work (there's link to W98 if you use that). Please do the sections one by one and download the utilities found in section 2-4 before starting.

If you at any point get stuck with a folder/file that just won't be removed, then use Killbox to do this; use delete on reboot.

Downloading the free regseeker, that Mr2Cents linked to would be a good thing too.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  5. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Go to this site and D/L the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility (Msicuu.exe):- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

When you run it , look for Norton in the box, select it, and click 'Remove'.

If Norton doesn't show in the utility then forget it and try something else.

WARNING - this tool is 'heap powerful medicine', so only use it for the Norton unintall; don't use it as a general uninstaller!!

6. SteelyDon

SteelyDon Registered Member

I'm going to have to remove Norton AV and Firewall (2003) from my gal's computer. I will piggyback on htis thread, rather than start one: do these links and suggestions apply to 2003 as well?

Thanks very much.

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

No - NAV/NIS 2003 has a separate removal tool - search Symantec's website for it, I dont know where to find it.

Regards,
    Firecat

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Norton 2003 removal . :)

9. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Ahhh....Thanks Don :)

10. SteelyDon

SteelyDon Registered Member

Yes, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.