Help! Firefox not doing what I want it to!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Pigman, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Ugghh. This is annoying as hell. Until 15 minutes ago, Firefox was not keeping any history of visited pages, as it was set to keep histories for 0 days. Now it is keeping histories, but it is still set to 0 days! What is going on here, and what do I do about it?! o_O

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Get opera.

Even though it is set for 0 days it should keep them for your current session

3. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Ah, thanks.

Now I've noticed a new problem. Both IE and Firefox now take about 32 seconds, as opposed to the usual 5, to launch. Nothing else seems affected so severely, but my computer seems a bit slower than usual, even though I haven't adjusted anything. When I launch either browser, the hard drive starts clicking away. Occasionally, the computer just pauses for half a second when I am on the internet, again on both browsers. I suspect some sort of trojan, but being a noob, have no real idea.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you have an antitrojan run it with the latest defs. If you don't have one download the trial of tds and make sure it has the latest updates and run it and then you should know if you have a trojan. ;)

5. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Downloaded TDS3 and scanned. No trojans on drive C. However, my computer is working much better this morning, everything is pretty much fine. My guess is that it got a bit too hot, compromising the performance. Don't know, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.