Help - Can't get Win 7 and 2 VISTA to play nice together

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by dsr, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsr

dsr Registered Member

I am having trouble getting my system to multi-boot as I'd like them to. I can't seem to get my two Vista partitions and my Win 7 partitions to play nice. Once I boot to Vista, I can no longer boot to Win 7. Can someone help get it right?

I am using Partion Manager 10 Pro (build 7893) on a computer with two hard drives. The operating systems (o/s) have already been installed and work fine once I can boot to them.

The first drive has:

- Primary Partition 1 - VISTA Ultimate - 32-bit
    - Primary Partition 2 - Win 7 - 64-bit
    - Primary Partition 3 - VISTA Ultimate - 32p-bit

The second drive has two partition which hold data and no o/s.

Ultimately I would like my system to:

- Be able to boot to each of the three o/s's
    - Not see the other o/s partitions from the one booted
    - Have the two data partitions always show as D: and E:

If I am using PM's boot manager, I only want to see the O/S I'm booting to on Windows boot screen. If I'm booting from Windows, then I just want to see the three options.

How can I acheive this? What do I need to do and in what order?

Thanks.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Sounds like a job for bcdboot command line utility.

Please post a screenshot of Disk Management window from within Vista.

3. dsr

dsr Registered Member

Thanks for your help.

My current status is as follows:

- I can now boot into any of the three bootable partions (Vista-32, Win7-64 and Vista-32)

- When I am in any of these images, the partitions from the other two images show up with drive letters

- Last time I tired PM10's boot manager, only the two Vista images showed

I have attached screen captures from the first partition's VISTA-32's PM10 console, VISTA Disk Manager Console, and EasyBCD console

What I need to know is what do I need to do so that when I am in any of the three images the other o/s partition don't show up with a drive letter.

I would ideally like to use PM10's boot manager, but when selecting an o/s not seeing the other two show up the Windows boot menu that follows. Can this be done?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.