help a real puter dummy here !

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by nat, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nat

nat Registered Member

hi all i need some help i think i have something called ms it store . please understand first off i,m very poor with fixing computers and that i will probably ask alot of very stupid questions sorry in advance ( a friend said to come here and "ask the experts " maybe a discription is in order first. when i try to go to my home page i end up somewhere else and pop ups start flyin around , i have pop up stopper and it catches most tho. i have tryed all antivirus software and just trying panda as i write this . my mcafee did not catch this little darlin or zone alarm or sg or spyware blaster all do not detect anything ? when i try to go to my homepage this is what url comes up , mk:mad:ms it store:c:\windows\start.chm::/start.html and advice or help would be very much appreciated i,m hoping that there is a downloadable patch or a fix like that some where as i em very uncomfortable digging around in my registry and understan very little about it thx again nat

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

hi nat :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Please follow the instructions here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

then post your HijackThis log in the Hijack cleaning forums with a full description of your problem.

One of the experts will be happy to assist u with a cleanup of any Malware found.

snowbound

3. nat

nat Registered Member

thanks very much will do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.