Heimdal Free and Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JEAM, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Not at all like Mbam,MBAE, and HMPA. You might want to take a closer look at their website. Also look at who they are as it will give clues as to what the software does. Basically HMPA and MBAE work upstream from programs like MBAM which catch payloads. I would say Heimdal Pro works upstream from HMPA and MBAE.

As to beta testing, they have indicated it's coming, but I suspect they will chose testers from their users.

2. guest

guest Guest

THanks

I took a closer look to the website, in particular to the pro version. Now I get it, the free version is a very limited patch tool, and the pro version is where the real security features are.
    The pro version sounds interesting, at least the traffic security and monitoring features.

I guess they don't have any competitor in the market.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
  3. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

5. anon

anon Registered Member

6. anon

anon Registered Member

Comment by Andra from Heimdal Security:
    http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/heimdal-pro-1-10/

7. Peter2150

I might also add, I think it's a pretty good product. I tested one thing, and that was if I uninstalled was my DNS server okay, and it was. Since then bought the 4 pack and am very pleased with it as an addition to my security.

8. guest

guest Guest

I'm testing now the Pro version, I think I already found a bug with the patching module, anyway I using win10 and I have read that isn't yet fully compatible.
    I have been reading more about it and I think is quite interesting piece of software but as it happens with MBAE isn't easy to see it in action or test it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
  9. Peter2150

Yeah, I am using WIn 7x64, and the patching works great. I use HMPA instead of MBAE, but I see no conflict, it has blocked some sites it labels bad, and from what they were, I am not surprised.

10. Nitty Kutchie

Nitty Kutchie Registered Member

I got a warning about heartbleed on Heimdal website should this happen with a site that deal with security?

Attached Files:

11. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

I know nothing of Netcraft or their methodology of determining threats, but their risk assessment: "Risk Rating: 0" doesn't sound very worrisome.

That said, you may want to file a support ticket. (They're pretty good at responding)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  12. Rasheed187

Can you perhaps explain what it has added to your security arsenal?

13. Peter2150

Upstream protection. Normally if I go to a bad website and it tries a nasty, I would rely on Sandboxie, and say Appguard. This blocks it earlier. Also a lot has been written here about how to bank safely and all the effort is on the local computer. But that does nothing if it is the site that is compromised. That again is where Heimdal Pro is designed to protect you.

14. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! I've found Heimdal Pro on my system too be a no nonsense add on...it clearly illustrates whether a site is dodgy...and is offering protection...updates apps promptly and simply doesn't get in the way. Really pleased so far...and would recommend it! Sincerely...Securon

15. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

I have VLC and skype installed and as per their website they monitor and apply patches to these programs, but its not monitoring in my PC.. Is it available only in PRO version ?
    And browsers too.. None of them are monitored in my PC..

patch.PNG monitor.PNG

16. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Curious too. It's not monitoring FF/IE/Chrome or Skype in my setup either, and that's in PRO version.

17. faircot

faircot Registered Member

Where did you find the dialogue box headed Patched Software in red? I can't see it anywhere in my copy of Heimdal.

18. paulderdash

19. Peter2150

Yep, I am not seeing any browsers either. I am not sure that bothers me as you may not want to update a browser for a bit

20. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

If you check out "Browse Help Topics" under Heimdal Pro; https://heimdalsecurity.com/en/support#accordion-9, you will find this list;

Attached Files:

21. paulderdash

22. faircot

faircot Registered Member

Well, that list differs from the list in post #165 above. No mention of Opera, for example. I'm wondering whether the 'patching' refers only to add ons such as flash etc and NOT to the browser itself.

23. paulderdash

Perhaps @Andra Zaharia can elucidate.

24. Rasheed187

OK, I see. The reason why I asked is because I know you already have quite a lot of protection.

I have a comment about the website, the text refreshes too quickly, there should be a way to pause it.

https://heimdalsecurity.com/en/products/heimdal-pro

25. Andra Zaharia

Andra Zaharia Registered Member

Hi Peter!

Great to hear that!

We're actually rolling our out beta program as we speak. If you're interested, you can join us here: https://heimdalsecurity.com/en/beta#

Thank you for giving Heimdal PRO a chance and enjoy its protection!

Andra

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.