Head's-up for StarDownLoader users.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ghost, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Guest

Might want to go into your SDL folder and occasionally delete the contents of both the serverstats.txt file and the 'Partial Downloads' folder.

There were also a couple of IE-type icons in there that were happy to show you basically the same thing (I deleted them).

That'll have to be followed with an 'erasure' of some type, of course.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Ghost,

What are you saying here?
    Does this program keep a traffic history?
    I recently helped someone who experienced problems clicking links. The solution turned out to be to disable the BHO created by Stardownload, but I thought that was caused by a conflict, since he was using DAP as well.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Ghost

Ghost Guest

"Does this program keep a traffic history?"

Well, it did until I cleared that stuff out. I fear deleting the two IE-type icons has crippled the program - couldn't get the IE_SPYAD update this morning.

Perhaps someone else here that uses SDL could put up a screenshot of the info contained in the above-mentioned files/folder?

4. Ghost

Ghost Guest

Just tried un-installing/re-installing SDL.

Besides the fact that it still won't work, the first thing I noticed was that as soon as I clicked on the exe to install the program, my firewall popped up asking me to allow it access (this was before it was even installed).

Maybe I should have deleted the entire folder after un-installing the program itself?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.