HDM 2010 Pro Imaging Error/Problems

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by barnabyjones, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnabyjones

barnabyjones Registered Member

I am currently testing out Hard Disk Manager 10 Pro and experiencing the following error when I attempt to image the hard disk on my Lenovo laptop:

"Operation failed. It's impossible to initialize VSS for processed volume. Ox11113"

I see from another thread (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1666562#post1666562) that this problem occurs in other Paragon products that have backup functions in them, and that it has not been resolved. While it works fine when I image the OS, hidden, and first track (MBR) partitions separately, I am unable to image the entire disk in combination without experiencing this error. Acronis True Image and Macrium Reflect do not have any trouble imaging the entire disk.

Also, it appears that the mounting problem in x64 systems that existed in older Paragon products has remained in this 2010 product as I am unable to mount any disk or partition image. I have confirmed the integrity of these images, but the options for mounting under 'Archives' remain greyed out and are absent in the right-click menu on the Archive list.

Clearly, Paragon has been aware of these problems for many months now. Has anything been done to address them? Thank you.

2. barnabyjones

barnabyjones Registered Member

Seeing that Paragon representatives have responded to other posts since mine, I assume that they have chosen to ignore the two serious problems I addressed in their products--both of which were raised many months ago in these forums? Surely you recognize that these are serious bugs that need to be addressed, given that they existed in your products prior to the release of your newest versions. Please tell me that your lack of response was an oversight, and that you are addressing the issues I raised. Thank you.

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Did you try to use paragon Hot processing instead of Windows VSS?
    - Open Paragon product in Full Scale
    - Got to Tools-Settings-Hot Processing Options
    - Check if "Enable Hot Processing" is selected
    - Choose Paragon Hot Processing in Hot processing technology section
    - Select "Use hot processing only when partition is locked"
    - Press OK
    Then run backup again.

4. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

I'm using Paragon HDM 2010 - not the 'Pro' version. Attempts to backup my OS partition result in a stop with Windows error and program crash.

The only way I'm able to backup my OS partition is with the (WinPE) Paragon Advanced Recovery Disk.

No problem with backup of Data partition or MBR, where hot-processing is not involved.

I tried Mech An's solution to no avail - but thanks for the suggestion.

5. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

Simplest solution that works - without resorting to the rescue CD - is to simply disable hot processing in Tools/Settings/Hot Processing menu. Ditch hot processing altogether.

System prompts for reboot, WinPE module boots, OS partition is properly backed up to backup capsule, and you're prompted to re-boot. The archive shows up properly in the restore menu.

I haven't actually tried a partition-restore with this version yet - the final test.

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Minor update: backup with restart is not working under WinPE environment, it works in Windows Blue Screen mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.